Trained and Ordained
Living Shield Ministries believes there is not a place on planet earth where a chaplain could not be of service to people. That is why our desire is to place Chaplains into every sector of society, Lord willing. These sectors include government, business, schools, media, arts and entertainment, churches and family. Presently we are working at providing chaplains to our government, schools, and businesses within the City of Riverside.
Before Living Shield Ministries provides any chaplains to these sectors, we want to make certain they are trained and ordained (when necessary). The requirements that must be met by any chaplain wanting to be placed into service by Living Shield Ministries are as follows:
- 40 hour training in Living Shield Ministries Chaplaincy Program or Practical Chaplaincy Class through the National Center for Chaplain Development (www.nccdat.org).
- Minimum of Three (3) Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) classes:
- Chaplain Steve teaches the following classes:
- Assisting Individuals in Crisis (required)
- Group Crisis Intervention
- Grief Follow Trauma
- Pastoral Crisis Intervention I
- Pastoral Crisis Intervention II
- 3 day Pastoral Crisis Intervention 1 & 2
- Law Enforcement Perspectives for CISM Enhancement
- Strategic Response to Crisis
- Trained in biblical counselling and instruction. Must show certificate of completion.
- Ordained through a ministry other than an ecclesiastical body (recommended)
- The reason for this is so they can have government protection (for explanation see: pastor vs. chaplain—what is the difference?)
- This will include a full background investigation and a live-scan fingerprint.
- Community chaplains, if they so choose, need not be ordained.
- Interview process
- DA’s Office
- Child Protective Services
- City Hall
- County Administration Building
- Correctional Facilities
- Convalescent Hospital
- Mental Health Facilities
- Community (Disaster Relief)
Once an individual meets the above requirements, Living Shield Ministries will do all they can to help place the chaplain into the organization, department or business they feel led to serve in.